The Institute’s Transport Manager Refresher (TMR)
Prevention is better than cure!
The Institute’s Transport Manager Refresher (TMR) training course is a two day course available to currently qualified Transport Managers.
Many Transport Managers do not undertake any formal refresher training after passing their Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) Examinations. In some cases this may be in excess of twenty years. During this time the successful operator may not be aware of all legislative changes.
Companies which find themselves in front of a Traffic Commissioner (TC) at a Public Inquiry (PI) often find that attending update training is a condition required to allow continuation of the ‘O’ Licence even if the CPC was passed very recently.
This course is designed to give the operator and the transport manager the ability to develop policies and operational procedures to ensure compliance.
- Operator Licensing – Application; Conditions; Notifiable Changes; Legal Responsibilities
- Safe Loading of Vehicles – including calculation of payload and safe load distribution
- Weights and Dimensions of Vehicles
- Drivers Hours – EU drivers hours and the Road Transport Working Time Directive;
- Drivers Hours Records for Analogue and Digital Tachographs; Working Time Directive for non-driving personnel;
- Planning Safe Overnight Parking
- Driver Licensing
- Speed Limits
- Planned Preventive Maintenance – including Drivers’ Defect Reporting; Enforcement
- Operational Security
- Operator Compliance Risk Scores (OCRS)
While the content looks very similar to that of the OLAT course, it contains more detailed practical information on legislative requirements and clarification of areas where operators often fall foul of enforcement.