Benefits of membership
Being a Member of the Institute offers a wide range of services and benefits that not only support each member, but also those firms they either work for, or own.. . Membership will give you:
- Instant professional prestige;
- via the award of professionally recognised post-nominal initials and certification
- Support in advancing your own Career;
- via free enrolment onto the Institute’s CPD programme
- Links to professional resources,
- The opportunity to express opinions with a view to influencing policy on transport related issues;
- A vast network of professional resources at your fingertips, including training, income protection
- Instant access to membership discounts:
- from not only Institute training providers and consultants, but associated bodies
- Educational and informative meetings, social and networking events;
- Member Skills Sharing Scheme – a scheme designed to encourage our members to advertise individual skills and location – see ‘Service Providers’ sections on both our website and the Institute’s Journal.
For further information in respect of membership and subscriptions please follow: Membership > Who Can Join?
With everybody so busy these days it is not always possible to attend Centre meetings so the Institute Members Forum has been set up to give members a chance to air their views, ask questions, and keep up to date with what is going on. It is only available to the Institute membership through the Members’ Area of the website. This can only be accessed with a password obtained from the Institute Administrator.
Here members can find Institute related information which may be downloaded including the Institute Rules and Handbook. Members can also post questions or responses and have a say in, for example, responses to DfT consultation documents.