IoTA Patrons (The Institute of Transport Administration Patrons)
The Institute’s Patron scheme has been designed to encourage companies and businesses, which wish to exhibit a commitment to high standards and continuing best practice within the industry, to demonstrate their commitment to these exacting standards by association with ‘the Institute’.
The scheme has been introduced in order to accommodate these ‘firms’ and Institute members who wish to share in the Institute’s resources in pursuit of their own commitment to observe best practice.
IoTA Patronage is by way of invitation only and is offered annually with successful Patrons enjoying the following benefits:
- The right to include the Institute logo on their stationery, website, emails, packaging and vehicles in accordance with Institute guidelines. The Institute logo will be available in a prescribed electronic media format; Additional vehicle decals will be available for purchase in various sizes;
- A ‘Presentation Certificate’ (for display) in each year that they maintain their Patron status;.
- Free advertising space on the Institute website to enable promotion of their services and a facility to share in reciprocal web-links;
- Free advertising within most Institute publications, including the Institute Information Pack and the Institute annual journal;
- The ability to show their association with a professional transport Institute;
- Access to industry professionals: local centre involvement and networking; the Institute’s professional trainers, consortium, and service providers.
- Discounted Income Protection Plus Cover (financial support during illness) through PG Mutual (www.pgmutual.co.uk/employers)
Who Can Join
The Scheme, whilst by invitation, is open to any organisation which can exhibit, to the Institute’s satisfaction, a ‘mission statement’ that confirms active commitment to fair competition, safety in the workplace and customer satisfaction. It is also open to Institute Members who wish to demonstrate similar commitment where they hold an appropriate management position within their employer’s organisation
Membership of the scheme attracts an annual fee determined by the National Council of the Institute. Prices are on a sliding scale dependent on the number of employees within the organisation.
Patrons will be invited to renew their subscription three months prior to the expiry of each term with payment being required 30 days prior to its expiry:
Condition of Membership
The post-nominal ‘Patron’ does not confer voting rights on the organisation. These are specifically reserved for individual Institute Members holding corporate grades. Neither does it infer any degree of accreditation of the Patron’s organisation by the Institute.
Where, by their acts or omissions, it is felt that association with the Patron is prejudicial to the Institute – e.g. if the Patron goes into liquidation – the Institute reserves the right to withdraw the certificate at any time. In these instances all references to the Patron would be removed from the Institute’s documentation, advertising material, etc.