Institute of Transport Administration

Educating Transport Management since 1944


Using and operating longer semi-trailers – guidance update

Driver Conduct Hearing Outcomes

Dangerous goods safety advisers - Update

HGV Operator Licence Guidance

£8 billion boost to repair roads and back drivers

View all news »

Apply for a coach to travel at 100km/h in Germany

25 Apr 2023

You must get approval for a public service vehicle (PSV) to travel up to 100 kilometres per hour (km/h) in Germany by having a 'Tempo 100' test or letter of compliance.  The form you need to use depends on when you registered your vehicle as a public service vehicle (PSV).

PSVs registered before 8 December 2007

Use the ‘Apply for a Tempo 100 examination of a vehicle registered as a PSV before 8 December 2007’ form even if it is due to have another test (for example, a certificate of initial fitness (COIF) test) carried out at the same time.

Test fees

Type of test


Tempo 100 test when it’s done at the same time as a COIF test


Tempo 100 test when it’s not done at the same time as COIF test


PSVs registered on or after 8 December 2007

Use the ‘Apply for a Tempo 100 letter of compliance for a vehicle registered as a PSV on or after 8 November 2007’ form to apply.

You do not need to apply for a ‘Tempo 100 examination’.

There’s no fee for the letter of compliance.

Further information: