Changes to the Statutory Documents include:
- Statement that trailer authorisation is required to operate trailers in the introductory document
- A series of Upper Tribunal rulings and clarification across documents 2, 3, 4 and 5 regarding grace periods, transport managers, planning law and company status.
- Update of legal provisions when an operator can apply for Regulation 31 of Goods Vehicles (Licensing of Operators) Regulations 1995 in document 5 – NOTE the form to apply for Regulation 31 has also been updated.
- Reference to requirements under Public Service Vehicle Accessibility Regulations and Public Service Vehicles (Conduct of Drivers, Inspectors, Conductors and Passengers) Regulations 2002 in documents 6 and 13.
- Starting points for penalties in driver conduct around falsification of drivers’ hours records by reference to intent in document 6.
- Link to Department for Transport guidance on dual registration for specialist hauliers and removal of temporary cabotage measure in document 7.
- Clarifications around interim licences in document 9.
- Updates on PSV DBS checks in document 13.
Statutory Documents can be found at: