The Department for Transport provides daily updates to the Cabinet Office for use in the government’s daily media briefings on changes in:
1. road traffic in Great Britain;
2. rail passenger journeys in the UK;
3. rail station concourse footfall at a set of monitored stations;
4. Transport for London’s (TfL) tube and bus routes; and
5. bus travel in Great Britain (excluding London)
The data is sent as near to real time as possible. This document sets out information on the data sources and methodology used to generate each of these headline measures. To find the latest data, please see the slides and datasets to accompany coronavirus press conferences.