Institute of Transport Administration

The Old Studio,
25 Greenfield Road
Westoning, Beds MK45 5JD

t: 44 (0)1525 634940
m: 44 (0)7768 303588
e: director@iota.org.uk



Workplace parking levy plans for Leicester City Council

Manchester CAZ to be reviewed

Bus Service Improvement Plans and Enhanced Partnership Timescales

Large Goods Vehicle vocational testing – monthly statistics

Check which international road haulage permits you need

View all news »


14 Jun 2021

After the successful launch last year of an online portal for Company Tachograph Card transactions, the Driver and Vehicle Licencing Authority have now made it possible for most Driver Tachograph Card transactions to also be completed online


Drivers can:

•            apply for their first GB digital tachograph card

•            renew a card if it’s expiring within 90 days

•            replace a lost or stolen card


A lost, faulty, or damaged tachograph card cannot be reported through the on line portal.  This must still be done by calling DVLA 0300 790 6109 and a new card must be applied for with 7 days.


In order to use the service a driver will need:

•            a GB photocard driving licence

•            their driving licence number

•            a credit or debit card


The tachograph card will be sent to the address on the driving licence, so the address, if it is no longer correct, should be changed online before the application is made.  A change of address can be made at https://www.gov.uk/change-address-driving-licence


Driver tachograph services can continue to be completed by post with the following services being accessed only in this way:

•            replace a damaged or faulty card

•            change the name on the card

•            if the driver has a paper driving licence

•            to exchange an EU, EEA or Northern Ireland tachograph card 


For driver tachograph card:


For Company tachograph card: