DVSA Issue: More information about Driver CPC after Brexit.
Driver CPC after Brexit:
You will still need Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) to drive professionally in the UK after Brexit – including if there’s a no-deal Brexit. You must still complete your Driver CPC periodic training by your deadline.
The UK will still recognise Driver CPC qualifications from EU countries after Brexit.
The EU will not recognise UK Driver CPC qualifications if there’s a no-deal Brexit for:
• UK drivers working for UK companies from 1 January 2020
• UK drivers working for EU companies from 31 October 2019
If you work for an EU company or want to work for one
Consider exchanging your UK Driver CPC qualification for an EU Driver CPC qualification before Brexit. This will make sure you can still work for EU and UK companies if there’s a no-deal Brexit.
You need to exchange it before 31 October 2019.
Check our detailed Brexit guidance for more information:
• drive in the EU after Brexit: lorry and goods vehicle drivers
• drive in the EU after Brexit: bus and coach drivers
If you run a company:
Check what extra things you need to do to prepare to:
• carry out international road haulage after Brexit
• run international bus or coach services and tours after Brexit