The traffic commissioners have worked with industry to implement a range of measures to meet the challenges posed by the ongoing pandemic. They’ve done this by working more flexibly through the use of modern technology and by altering their approach to certain operational issues.
Here are some of the measures they’ve introduced to help operators and drivers during the lockdown.
- Virtual training
- Relaxed maintenance schedules
- Public inquiries using Microsoft teams
- Remote third-party compliance audits
The traffic commissioners have published three documents during the lockdown. These are:
• statutory guidance and directions outlining the more flexible approach TCs are taking to various issues during the lockdown
• advice and guidance for operators during the lockdown
• the remote audit framework
We recommend reading them all.