The newly introduced WebFiling account, available as of 12th September, is the first step in creating a single sign-in across all services at Companies House and is an important milestone in Companies House 2020 to 2025 strategy.
The new benefits include:
- multi-factor authentication
- the ability to link a company to the WebFiling account to give more control over filings made
- the ability to digitally authorise people to file on your behalf on WebFiling, and to remove authorisation
- easily seeing who’s digitally authorised to file for the company
- an option to sign up to emails to help with the running of your company
The new account provides the freedom to self-manage information and features improved security.
Once the company is linked to your account, you will not need to enter your authentication code every time you file online.
For those owning or filing on behalf of more than one company, you’ll be able to manage all your companies from one account. You will also be able to digitally authorise yourself and other directors to file for your new company as part of the online incorporation process.