In a revised approach the DVSA has named operators who have committed road safety offences in 2021. The information, which is sorted by country and then operator name includes defects and offences found during roadside checks and operator site visits from 1st January to 31st December 2021. The reports do not include data found by the police.
The reports show:
- the operator’s name
- their operator’s licence number (some countries require operators to have more than one operator licence)
- the number of vehicles the operator had registered on their operator licence
- the number of defects DVSA found
- the number of offences DVSA found
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) carries out roadside inspections of goods vehicles and passenger-carrying vehicles to check that:
- the driver is following drivers’ hours rules
- the driver holds the correct licence, insurance and driver CPC
- their vehicle is carrying the correct load weights and type of load permitted
- their vehicle has no mechanical faults and is in a safe and roadworthy condition
DVSA will publish details of offences found on an annual basis.