Transport regulators give strong guidance on how to maintain services following Government advice.
The Traffic Commissioners for Great Britain are currently faced with the difficult task of providing ongoing support and service to the transport industry, during a time of unprecedented disruption.
Our roads need to be kept safe for essential deliveries, but the regulators are reviewing their processes and making essential adaptations as the COVID-19 situation develops.
The recent Government guidance on remote working means that the processing and despatching of paper documents is not a sustainable way of working, so operators are being urged to use electronic communications such as email and online portals, wherever possible.
To help reduce potential delays, most correspondence you receive from the Office of the Traffic Commissioner (OTC) will now be delivered via email, therefore keeping your email address up to date is vital.
Please contact the OTC electronically wherever possible by:
- visiting Apply for a vehicle operator licence to apply for an operator’s licence
- visiting Mange your vehicle operator licence to manage your operator’s licence or apply to vary your licence
- emailing Enquiries@otc.gov.uk with general correspondence, to apply for temporary exemptions to hold an operator’s licence, or to apply for periods of grace
- emailing PSVfirstname.lastname@example.org to register, vary or cancel a bus registration in England and Wales
- emailing Steven.Jones@otc.gov.uk to register, vary or cancel a bus registration in Scotland
Please sign up to our news alert service for regular updates as the situation develops.